Sometimes you may need to present yourself or another person for a project of yours. Like we are doing right now with 6th Grade in our eTwinning project Famous people in Europe. It' s time for our famous persons to present themselves. So, let’ s make a voki to give them a voice!
Vokis are talking avatars, or talking pictures that represent somebody on the internet. You can use them for your homework and your projects. Making – or “customizing” – a voki is fun and free!
- First, look up information about your famous person’ s life. Don’ t copy paste anything! Write a simple text in your notebook, half a page long, based on what you have found
- Go to https://www.voki.com/site/create
- From the menu on the left click on the face to choose a face for your famous person. Don’ t choose anything that has a star on it – it’ s not free!
- Click on the clothes to choose clothes and accessories
- Click on the picture to choose a background picture
- Click on the palette to change the colour of the skin, hair, eyes, mouth…
- Now the difficult part: click on the speaker to give your famous person a voice.
- Either type a text about your famous person’ s life and choose a man’ s or a woman’ s voice below your voki. Make sure you don’ t forget full stops or commas and you don’ t make mistakes, otherwise the “voice” will sound strange and wrong.
- Or you can use your microphone to allow voki to record your own voice while you are reading your text.
- After you have customized your voki’ s appearance and voice click Save (Let’ s hope your voki looks and sounds like your famous person!)
- Give your character a name and click Save
- In the little box that opens, click NO, thanks, continue as a guest
- Click the URL button to copy it (as you can see in my picture)
- Share it with your partners or friends.